imx6 ONOFF button can make a interrupt to arm core.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 ONOFF button can make a interrupt to arm core.

Jump to solution
chuanyanyin
Contributor III

Hi, ChipExpert:

I Have a custom board, the OnOff button can control pmic_on_req when I press the button more than 5 seconds. 

According the mx6's manual,  10.5 on page 545.

• When the chip main power supply is On, a button press between 750 ms and 5

seconds will send an interrupt to the core to request that software bring down the

SoC safely. Software may respond to the interrupt by saving the processor state and

then setting a control bit that requests to the power IC the removal of the main power

supply.

When I shorten OnOff and GND more than 750 ms, I don't see any things happened in the kernel's log.

How can I make this interrupt happened? I don't find any source code in linux3.0.35 and android 4.3.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi chuanyan

I believe links below answer this

ONOFF button doesn't interrupt

ARM: i.MX6: SNVS ONOFF: Add SNVS Power key support - Gitorious

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi chuanyan

I believe links below answer this

ONOFF button doesn't interrupt

ARM: i.MX6: SNVS ONOFF: Add SNVS Power key support - Gitorious

Best regards

chip

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lytkinanton
Contributor I

Hi,

Pls, give some advice for next situation:

I use snvs power key patch. Interrupts are present when system is active. When I do "apm -s", there is no interrupts from snvs_pwrkey and no system wakeup. When I wake system by other source (uart in my case), interrupts "snvs_pwrkey" appears again.

What I'm doing wrong?

PS: Can we speak Russian at this forum?

0 Kudos