cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 Bare Metal SDK

rikanderson
Contributor I

Hi,

I currently have a copy of the SDK 2.2 for the imx6ul. I am trying to get the equivalent for the imx6 solo (Cortex-A9). Is there anyway I can get a copy please? I know that it is not supported but that is not a problem.

Regards,

Rik

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rik,

Unfortunately we do not have an SDK for the i.MX6Solo,  I understand that you we mention it is not supported, but in fact it is that we never created for this device. We only offer Linux and Andriod BSP for the i.MX6Solo you can download the Linux and Android Images from the following web page:

http://nxp.com/linux   

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rikanderson
Contributor I

Hi,

Do you have a old SDK for any similar processors in the imx6 (Cortex-A9)  family? As I mentioned we have SDK 2.2 for the imx6 UUL, which we also use fine on the UL. We now need to create a variant of our product for the imx6 solo so ideally we want to use the same fsl drivers. I suspect I can use the drivers from the SDK we have anyway but getting all the startup code is a bit tricky.

I don't understand why you don't have any bare metal support. We are getting a lot of interest for bare metal / RTOS on the imx6 and imx7 range.

Regards,

Rik

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rik,

I understand, the latest version we release was SDK 2.2,  I can try to find 2.1 or 2.0 but it is for the same device, when the i.MX6 Family was release,  the strategy was to be in a market where the OS like Android and Linux was the option, now with the new i.Mx6 Family DEvices like i.Mx6UL, i.Mx7D and i.MX7ULP  the strategy it is different since we considered like the small i.MX Devices and in this case we do offer and SDK baremetal or with support for FreeRTOS.  

Best Regards

TIC

0 Kudos