Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx53qsb combine graphics and video with color key

Jump to solution
mykoladudik
Contributor I

Hi,

I'am trying to combine graphics from /dev/fb0 (BGRA32) with video output from gstreamer (NV12) using IPU. /dev/fb0 memory is set as "overlay" with color key enabled. video frame accessed via v4l2 API and is set as "input". If i perform overlay combination into BGR/BGRA/RGB/RGBA output format I get correct "output" frame with video and graphics combined. If I perform overlay combination into YUV444/YUV444P I get correct graphics on output but bad video data. Actually YUV444P is required for further processing to jpeg image via VPU and sending over network. I could do combination to RGB and then convert whole frame to YUV444P and it works fine. But it significantly decrease count of frames per second I can get.

Is there an possibility to do combination is single step with YUV444P output? May be color key value is not correct?

Thanks

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I know our VPU only support YUV4:2:0 for most of video format, only MJPEG can support to 4:2:2 or 4:4:4

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I know our VPU only support YUV4:2:0 for most of video format, only MJPEG can support to 4:2:2 or 4:4:4

0 Kudos
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi Nick,

Can I have your test code to verify the configuration? Thanks.

-Max

0 Kudos
mykoladudik
Contributor I

Thanks for reply.

I'm trying to use hw acceleration for tigervnc. He is the patch.

0 Kudos
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for you response.

Checked your configuration for overlay. YUV444P is not accepted by IPU HAL/driver.  Can YUV444 meet your requirement?

0 Kudos
mykoladudik
Contributor I

It depends whether VPU can accept YUV444 as input for making JPEG. As far as I know it can't.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

hi Nick,

Could you provide the test steps to output YUV overlay? Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos