キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

imx28 custom board does not boot

1,096件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

the board is based imx28evk schematics. voltages look good. the board seems behave correctly when it is read from JTAG (but cannot be written). It does not response to USB connection (mfgtool shows not being able to place the processor to a special mode). there is no output from the debug UART. 

Will there be any output if the board is configured to boot from NAND but the NAND is empty? Or any thing I can check to see if the processor is running or not?

0 件の賞賛
4 返答(返信)

767件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jlu

first recommended to test memory

Board Bring-up and DDR Initialization Tools 

DDR2 Calibration and Stress Test for i.MX28 

and test other peripherals with obds

Lab and Test Software (1)
On-Board Diagnostic Suit for the i.MX28
https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/i.mx-developer-resources/...

Program nand image with mfg tools found on above link

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛

767件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

Hello Igor,

thank you for reply.

we have followed each step to bring up the voltages, and we don't see apparent wrong, but we are not able to get the board running as we expect.

there are some limitations on this board:

1) it only runs on battery (4.2V). there is no 5V connection; 

2) it does not have SD card. it is designed to run on NAND, with USB port to download the firmware

Now when we connect the board with USB port, mfgtool shows there is no device connected. So we can't download firmware into the NAND. As the consequence, we can't do any further test.

Why MFGTOOL cannot see the USB when on battery only? How mfgtool detects the device?

thank you,

Jill

0 件の賞賛

767件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jill

one can test board with obds and jtag, it has simple usb tests.

Also may be useful to check:

Application note sharing: Issues often met in i.MX28 application 

Best regards
igor

0 件の賞賛

767件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

no. nothing from the debug UART

0 件の賞賛