cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx233 Fuse Programming in a Production Environment

Carl725
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

One of our customers using the i.MX233 has encountered some issues with fuse programming the SD_MBR_BOOT fuse on their production lines.

They are using a Windows scripting language (autoit) to automate BitBurner.exe. It seems like sometimes the fuse programming process is not successful, but reports success.

Are there recommended best practices for this process on the line?

(Keep in mind that they are not flashing any memories. All of their code is pre-loaded on an SD card that executes via MBR, which is why they need to program the fuses first.)

Regards,

Carl

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ask them to download the IMX_OTP_TOOLS package from here (check the "Programmers" section):

http://www.freescale.com/products/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors-based-on-arm-cores/i.m...

and to try the otp_burner tool rather than BitBurner according to the documentation included.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos