cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx 6 dq sabresd board unable to boot after giving boot argument

surajkottayi
Contributor I

Dear All,

I have flashed Android image 5.1.1 image onto SD card and have to pass boot arguments such as

U-Boot > setenv bootcmd boota mmc2

U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32

video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=256M androidboot.console=ttymxc0

consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=384M

U-Boot > saveenv

once we pass the above arguments and insert the SD card onto the board, SABRESD board is unable to bootup.

Our main objective is to enable Murata BT-Wifi module, inorder to do that we have to pass the above arguments and also we are unable to Root the sabresd board( we are trying to flash prebuilt images from NXP website)

Labels (4)
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Suraj

for BT-Wifi usage one can check

How to enable BT on board imx6q_sabresd RevC.

available boot parameters are described in attached Android document

sect.3.4 Booting,

usage of BCM4339 is described in document

Murata Wi-Fi BT EVK for i.MX6 Quick Start Guide (Android) 1.0

Android 5.1.1 Quick Start Guide for using Murata Wi-Fi/BT EVK on NXP i.MX6 Platform.

http://wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-nxp-i-mx.html

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

surajkottayi
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your comment. We were trying to enable  BT and Wifi support in imx6 sabresd board using Morata Board as NXP has withdrawn support for SILEX module .We are also referring the same document from http://wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-nxp-i-mx.html​ , now we are trying to pass boot argument for the board to get root access and modify the

/system/etc/firmware/bcm files as per the document.

But after we pass the boot arguments as below, the board is not booting.

U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32

video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=256M androidboot.console=ttymxc0

U-Boot > saveenv

So is it possible to modify the /system file ,can we root android 5.1.1 of sabresd ?

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Suraj

according to Android_Release_Notes.pdf (Rev. L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga, 01/2016)

and link Wi-Fi Bluetooth for NXP i.MX | RF Modules | Wireless Products | Murata Manufacturing

supported Murata TypeZP module (BCM4339).

I am not aware of support for Type XQ board, suggest to post to

Murata Support (imxfaq@murata.com).

~igor

deepakkalalband
Contributor II

We are presently having Murata Wifi-BT Type XQ board fitted to Sabresd imx 6q board. According to Murata 5.1.1 quick start guide,we are supposed to pass the below boot arguments,

U-Boot > saveenv

after the saving of the above arguments,the user guide informs us to reboot the system after which sabresd board is unable to boot.

Note:1) In accordance to the Hardware I feel there is no need of any modifications as previously Silex BT-Wifi module was working fine.

2) Without changing the boot arguments,board is able to boot android image 5.1 and is working fine.