Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image overlay using gstreamer imx plugins

Jump to solution
jigneshpatel
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using an imx6dualite processor with Linux kernel revision 4.9.88. I have installed GStreamer imx revision:1.10.4
Currently, I am using below GStreamer pipeline for text overlay using "imxg2dtextoverlay" and overlayimage using "gdkpixbufoverlay" on live camera stream
"gst-launch-1.0 imxv4l2videosrc ! imxg2dvideotransform ! imxg2dtextoverlay name=overlay text=\"Overlay text here\" valignment=top halignment=left font-desc=\"Sans, 22\" ! gdkpixbufoverlay name=imageoverlay location=/home/user/CamOverlay.png ! imxipuvideotransform ! imxipuvideosink"

I want to overlay the image on my camera stream using imx GStreamer instead of "gdkpixbufoverlay", Is there any way can add .png image on camera live stream using GStreamer imx plugins.

Thanks,
Jignesh Patel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jigneshpatel
Contributor III

Finally got solution,

Create custom font and display that font using "imxg2dtextoverlay" with color.

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jigneshpatel
Contributor III

Finally got solution,

Create custom font and display that font using "imxg2dtextoverlay" with color.

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jigneshpatel,

Apparently there is a bug with gdkpixbufoverlay looks like is not supported however i´m going to verify this one, you can make the overlay like this:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 num-buffers=300 ! videoconvert ! 'video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720,framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! textoverlay text="Hi There" valignment=top halignment=left font-desc="Sans, 12" ! queue ! x264 ! mp4mux ! filesink location=video.mp4

Regards

0 Kudos
jigneshpatel
Contributor III

Thank you for reply,

"gdkpixbufoverlay" is work with pipeline for overlay image that I have written in my post for imx6dualite.

I have just issue with the plugin. "gdkpixbufoverlay" is a gstream streamer software plugin.

I want to use the imx hardware plugin just like "imxg2dtextoverlay" that I have used for text overlay.

Is there any way or imx plugin available so using that I can overlay image on the live stream.

Best Regards,

Jignesh Patel

0 Kudos
kenizgandhi
Contributor III

Hello @jigneshpatel,

were you able to perform overlay on live stream? If yes, how

0 Kudos