cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMx28 Linux - Atheros WiFi

pradeep2802
Contributor I

Hello,

We have downloaded iMx28 Linux source package (L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130_source.tar.gz) , which is updated in Feb,2013.

We have following questions:

1. We found pkgs/atheros-wifi-2.6.35.3-1.1.0.tar.gz. This seems AR6002 driver, but not sure whether it is Linux-driver or Android-driver. Is it Linux or android driver? Does it support AR6003 also?

2. Do we have compat-wireless package support in this i.Mx28 Linux release ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

matthiasniederm
Contributor II

Hi,

on newer Kernel releases the driver is included! Normaly it should be not a big deal to use the wireless driver !

kernel.org.https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/tree/drivers/net/wireless/ath/a...

drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl

Furthermore I found a note in Kconfig. Because of that hint i think the driver for AR6002 is incompatible to AR6003.

This module adds support for wireless adapters based on

Atheros AR6003 and AR6004 chipsets running over SDIO. If you

choose to build it as a module, it will be called ath6kl_sdio.

Please note that AR6002 and AR6001 are not supported by this

driver.

without engagement!!!!

MaTT

https://community.freescale.com/englisch-deutsch/without engagement.html

pradeep2802
Contributor I

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

We are aware of ath6kl driver, which is part of compat-wireless pacakge, for Atheros AR6000 series chipsets. My question was specific for the support of ath6kl in iMx28-Linux BSP release.

1. Whether the iMx28-Linux BSP release has compat-wireless package (specifically ath6kl driver) ported to iMx28 or not? We don't see  compat-wireless package in iMx28-Linux BSP release.

2. Or Do we need to take compat-wireless pacakge and port to iMx-Linux BSP?

Thanks

0 Kudos

vikranthreddy
Contributor II

Hello pradeep

Did you get the information needed? Iam also looking for the same information. Can anyone please reply?

0 Kudos