Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT-1064; booting directly to active firmware in internal FLASH

Jump to solution
jaripeltonen
Contributor IV

Hello!

I'm working on a project where we use iMXRT-1064. I have a question regarding Firmware swap feature that is introduced in document AN12255 and AN12240. This question is also linked to discussion thread on the same topic (https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/iMXRT1064-Issue-with-firmware-swap/m-p/1345041#M16437)

The question is; Is it possible to set iMXRT-1064 to automatically boot directly to a predefined (active) FLASH section, so that the API function call "bl_firmware_switch()" would not be needed?

An example; the internal FLASH is divided into two 2 MByte sections (0 and 1), and the active (latest) firmware has been programmed into section 1 (address 0x7020 0000). Now, the device boots up on section 0 (0x7000 0000) and from there we have to jump to section 1 in order to run the latest SW image. Is there any way to make the processor to boot directly from section 1 so that the jump command would not be needed?

Thanks & best regards,

Jari

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is it possible to set iMXRT-1064 to automatically boot directly to a predefined (active) FLASH section, so that the API function call "bl_firmware_switch()" would not be needed?
-- No, I'm afraid not
Have a great day.
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is it possible to set iMXRT-1064 to automatically boot directly to a predefined (active) FLASH section, so that the API function call "bl_firmware_switch()" would not be needed?
-- No, I'm afraid not
Have a great day.
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jaripeltonen
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your fast reply!

I will close this thread as I have no further questions.

Best regards,

Jari

0 Kudos