cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8m cpu temperature

pingyuchen
Contributor II

Hi,

My app wants to get the cpu's real time temperature. How do I get it? I use imx8m android8.1.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is not the information for it.Sorry for the inconvenience may cause.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

pingyuchen
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

But when the cpu temperature is high than 90 degree Celsius(I forget the accuracy value), there is an output information about the temperature alarm and it includes the temperature value.  Where is it from?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

pingyuchen
Contributor II

the output information is as following:

CPU: Commercial temperature grade (0C to 95C)CPU Temperature (101000C) has beyond alert (85000C), close to critical (95000C) waiting...
CPU Temperature (104000C) has beyond alert (85000C), close to critical (95000C) waiting...
CPU Temperature (105000C) has beyond alert (85000C), close to critical (95000C) waiting...

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The information is from TempSensor (Temperature alarm) of CPU.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

pingyuchen
Contributor II

Hi fangfang,

I am confused about imx8mq's tmu driver. In fsl-im8mq.dtsi, tmu has been defined. And I can find its driver file in kernel(./kernel/driver/thermal/qoriq_thermal.c).  And this file is compiled,because CONFIG_IMX8M_THERMAL is set.

But I find that this driver doesn't be loaded when booting.

Could you know why? Whether I need write another driver for it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

pingyuchen
Contributor II

Hi fangfang,

I found that CONFIG_IMX8M_THERMAL isn't set in .config file, but it is set in android_deconfig file. I don't know why android_deconfig can't make a correct .config file. Finally I found CONFIG_PCI isn't set in android_deconfig, it affects CONFIG_IMX8M_THERMAL. If CONFIG_PCI is set in android_deconfig,  CONFIG_IMX8M_THERMAL is set successfully in .config.

But I don't know why. In our application, we don't use PCI.

Could you help me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos