cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8dx DDR configuration

viswa_kondapall
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am looking like to know about DDR configuration and its validation procedure. I am new to the IMX8dx.We have custom boards with 1GB with 2 DDR , new board will have only 1 DDR for 1GB.

As looking in u-boot/Linux for DDR configuration, later with this community got to know, SCU will handle the DDR.

DDR configuration is having this excell sheet : MX8M_DDR3L_register_programming_aid_VAL_preliminiary_v1_2.xlsx apart from this any script is needed ?? if so where i can get it that script to generate code.

Please help in this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  viswanath

some materials were sent by mail, also please check SCFW Porting Kit

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

viswa_kondapall
Contributor IV

Hi,

DDR Stress test is working fine. We have HW issues , that we have been fixed.

scu fw tool kit only little bit confuse state, as we going to use different IDE which is not in the list, so which source need to be considered for porting into our IDE from the list of Software components (Linux, QNX, FreeRTOS, KSDK).

Please guide.

Regards,

Viswa K

0 Kudos

viswa_kondapall
Contributor IV

Hi,

Thank you for the DDR tools, can i have the steps in the configuration 1. we got our DDR configuration from the data sheet and we have the config file. we are facing issues for the SCU FW and DDR stress tool running. I tried in different ways and confuse. So could you suggest the procedure. which one to flash first and to run the tool kit.

Regards,

Viswa K

0 Kudos

viswa_kondapall
Contributor IV

Thank you. I will go through and come back.

0 Kudos