cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8QM power domains list

fmonte
Contributor IV

Hello,

is there available a list/tree of the internal SoC power domains?

The SC FW porting kit states that "[...] Resets in the SoC are mostly organized by power domain and so IP cannot be individually reset [...]". Since the SCU cannot reset IPs on shared power domains, I would like to know which such IPs are. I was not able to find such list/tree of devices organized by power domains.

Thank you,

Francesco

0 Kudos
5 Replies

fmonte
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

the SCU PDF does not say anything about the power domains, it just lists the resources.

The Table 8 in the datasheet is more promising, however how should it be read? I mean if I want to reset a partition having FlexCAN0, what other devices should that partion have in order to reset the FlexCAN0 controller?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francesco

>the SCU PDF does not say anything about the power domains, it just lists the resources.

from sect.5.1 Power Modes : "Every resource is associated with a power domain."

Example with FlexCan partition can be found in

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/System-Controller-Firmware-101-Resource-...

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

fmonte
Contributor IV

It's clear that every resource belongs to a power domain. The question is: which resource belongs to which power domain?

For instance flexcan0, flexcan1 and flexcan2: those interface belongs to which power domain? It is a single power domain, I assigned such devices to different SCU partitions and if I reset the partition containing flexcan0, neither of the 3 flexcans gets resetted.

I don't you if you pasted the wrong link that's the SCU getting started, it does not provide a table that maps the devices into power domains.

Thank you!

Francesco

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>For instance flexcan0, flexcan1 and flexcan2: those interface belongs to which power domain?

seems, formally it is VDD_FLEXCAN_1P8_3P3 from Table 7. Operating ranges

i.MX 8QuadMax Automotive and Infotainment Applications Processors

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francesco

seems it can be found in Table 8. Operating ranges i.MX8QM datasheet

i.MX 8QuadMax Automotive and Infotainment Applications Processors

Also one can look at Chapter 6 Resource List,

sect.5.1 Power Modes : "Every resource is associated with a power domain."
sect.13.4 PM: Power Management Service for functions power mode of a resource sc_fw_api_qm_b0.pdf.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos