cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8QM Xen Passthrough, couldn't find devices

kasandesh
Contributor II

Hello All,

I am working on imx8qm target and trying to get device passthrough working in xen.

Xen version : 4.11.1-pre (4.14.98_2_0_0). iMX Xen Source.

The adding xen,passthrough=<1> in dom0 device tree, i could see the device getting disabled in dom0.

However, while starting domU, it is always seen that, the device cannot find a passthrough and it gives the following message.

first_guest.conf:8: warning: parameter `dtdev' is a single value but should be a list
libxl: info: libxl_create.c:109:libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault: qemu-xen is unavailable, using qemu-xen-traditional instead: No such file or directory
(XEN) ****************************************************
(XEN) NOT FOUND A entry to power off passthrough resources
(XEN) The dts node name needs to be same as name = "xxx"
(XEN) in vm configuration file
(XEN) ****************************************************
(XEN) grant_table.c:1773:d0v0 Expanding d3 grant table from 0 to 1 frames
(XEN) memory_map:add: dom3 gfn=10000 mfn=5a020 nr=1

In the imx-xen source, i see this is from xen/arch/arm/platforms/imx8qm.c. However, i couldn't find the actual root cause.

Did anyone face the same issue and found a solution ? 

Best Regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Peng_Fan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check fsl-imx8qm-mek-dom0.dts, there is a dom<x> node, it includes the resources that need to assigned to domu. 

Kernel & Virtualization Engineer

kasandesh
Contributor II

Tried to follow up by keeping the dom<x> node in fsl-imx8qm-mek-dom0.dts as the reference. However, not sure about how to passthrough the power domains. The driver is getting probed but it is unable to recoginse the power domain and dma-controller. 

Could you please let me know how to passthrough the power domains ? Or links to any examples would be very helpful. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

shabna_m
Contributor III

kasandesh@protonmail.com

Could you please help me on how to build xen for imx8 quadmax mek?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sandesh,

In  NXP Linux L4.14.98 how to build the system. Then "create three partitions on the SD card
(no less than 16 GB). The first partition is FAT, used to hold Xen, image, and fsl-imx8qm-mek-dom0.dtb.
The second and third partitions are used to hold Yocto rootfs."

Look at Table 1 (Image layout) of "i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf". The third partition may be intended for Android. Also, eMMC may be used for Android.

Regards

0 Kudos

kasandesh
Contributor II

Hello, this is more of building the XEN and bringing up the XEN. 

I need the information regarding the pass through devices.

0 Kudos