Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8QM MEK EVK Android Automotive OS 12.0.0_2.1.0 HDMI Output

Jump to solution
cbl
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am developing on the iMX8QM MEK EVK board.

I compiled Android Automotive OS 12.0.0_2.1.0, and ran it on my board.

I wrote the OS to eMMC with the command "sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8qm -e -d md".

With the LVDS-to-HDMI converter, an image came to my screen from the LVDS output.

I also want to get video from the HDMI port on the board.

When I connected my display to the HDMI port on the board, I could not see an image on my screen.

Can you help me with this issue?

Best regards,
Efecan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, here Jorge.

Thank you for contact support team.

The "sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8qm -e -d md" command will display the image on:

- If HDMI_TX is used, the other three ports are LVDS0_CH0, LVDS1_CH0, and MIPI_DSI1.

- If HDMI_TX is not used, the four ports are LVDS0_CH0, LVDS1_CH0, MIPI_DSI0, and MIPI_DSI1.

To display the image on the HDMI port of the board it is needed to use the next:

- To test physical HDMI display, execute the tool with -u hdmi -d hdmi. HDMI_TX port is used for display.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, here Jorge.

When you compile an Android image the "dtbo-imx8qm-hdmi.img" file should be created, please follow the steps to compile to image on the next link.

Also, if you want to try with a prebuild image that contains the "dtbo-imx8qm-hdmi.img" file, you can download it from the next link.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, here Jorge.

Thank you for contact support team.

The "sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8qm -e -d md" command will display the image on:

- If HDMI_TX is used, the other three ports are LVDS0_CH0, LVDS1_CH0, and MIPI_DSI1.

- If HDMI_TX is not used, the four ports are LVDS0_CH0, LVDS1_CH0, MIPI_DSI0, and MIPI_DSI1.

To display the image on the HDMI port of the board it is needed to use the next:

- To test physical HDMI display, execute the tool with -u hdmi -d hdmi. HDMI_TX port is used for display.

Best regards.

cbl
Contributor IV

Hi @JorgeCas,

Thank you very much for your support.

I was able to get images from the HDMI_TX port.

Best regards,

Efecan