cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8QM-MEK Board: how to use proper scfw_tcm.bin in Yocto Image

lorenzo_sarchi
Contributor I

Good morning,

I have built a Yocto Image, sumo 4.14, 4.14.98. working ok with various customization.

Now, I would like to use my proper scfw_tcm.bin , integrated the full image, because we need to test few ddr frequency setup.

I have seen how to locally build scfw_tcm.bin, following NXP DOC explanations, but I have not seen how to then integrate it in the Yocto system.

I would like to start with my proper scfw_tcm.bin, adapted to my ddr test, and then proceed with standard dtb kernel and filesytem already built with Yocto system and working fine,

How it could be possible?

Thanks in advance & Best Regards,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
4 Replies

fmonte
Contributor IV

Ciao Lorenzo,

I do not think NXP provides something out of the box for this.

We have integrated imx-mkimage in Yocto, and after SCU / U-Boot / ATF/ Cortex-M4 recipes are built, we have a recipe that creates the flash.bin starting from all the pieces.

Francesco

0 Kudos

lorenzo_sarchi
Contributor I

OK, I found solutions.

0 Kudos

MazenATaha
Contributor I

Hello, Can you share your solution ?

0 Kudos

lorenzo_sarchi
Contributor I

Maybe it works just by using the u-boot binaries in the yocto deploy folder, with the new u-boot-hash.bin for creating the flash.bin that has to be put in /dev/mmcblk0, to be flashed on top of Yocto that remains in that case unchanged.

Or maybe just using a proper repo with the new scfw_tcm.bin, modifying u-boot recipe.

I have just tried the 1st solution, preferable; but I don't know if there are drawback in these? 

Do there are better official solutions?

0 Kudos