iMX8QM DDR Stress Test Tool expectations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8QM DDR Stress Test Tool expectations

miners
Contributor II

When using the provided NXP stress test tool I am able to download the binary to the target but then do not see any output. I just wanted to confirm that the UART the tool is using is the default UART0 on the imx part and NOT the SCU UART.

Also after the image is loaded to the board does it execute completely out of on chip RAM? I'm concerned there is an issue with the RAM on my board (why I'm using this tool) and want to be sure that even if the RAM is bad I should still expect to see some output over the UART for debug purposes, is that correct?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The NXP stress test tool  is use for the DDR stress test, have you choose the proper UART port on your board?

0 Kudos

miners
Contributor II

That's what I'm asking. I want to confirm the expected UART is the standard one that is used for stdin/stdout and not the scu uart. Because I'm not seeing anything on that port. If I build the SCFW for the test with UART=0 that is UART0 on the imx part, right?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

UART0 is OK, On the MEK board, UART0_TX & UART0_RX are used to output serial debugging information for A35-core. M40_UART0_TX & M40_UART0_RX are used to output serial debugging information for M4-core.

0 Kudos