iMX8MP wayland extended display mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8MP wayland extended display mode

zb2020
Contributor II

I'm using iMX8MP EVK with Yocto Kirkstone (wayland) platform to drive two displays (HDMI+LVDS0). The wayland runs in extended desktop mode. Both display interfaces are working, the wayland toolbar is visible on both displays.

How can I auto launch an application programmatically on the secondary display? The apps launched from command line always are displayed on the first display.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

zb2020
Contributor II

I'm using imx-yocto-L5.15.52_2.1.0.

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @zb2020 ,

I hope you're doing great. As far as I know, this feature is not supported with our BSP, but let me double check with our team to confirm this or if there is another way to achieve this.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @zb2020 ,

I hope you're doing well. I don't think this can be done with Wayland, but there may be some configurations in U-boot to allow this, I'll research this further.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Hector

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @zb2020 ,

I hope you're doing great. What BSP version are you using? Thank you.

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

zb2020
Contributor II

I'm using imx-yocto-L5.15.52_2.1.0.

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @zb2020 ,

I hope you're doing great and sorry for the late response. After further review with our team we got to the conclusion that this wouldn't be possible through Wayland Weston or U-Boot. This las option can only define the default display for all applications and unfortunately can't be software specific. To achieve what you're trying to do, it must be done through the application's code (so it'd be app specific). Thank you.

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos