表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

iMX8MP MIPI DSI Commands Timing Out

ソリューションへジャンプ
2,517件の閲覧回数
liamsul42
Contributor II

Hello,

I am running into an issue when trying to send MIPI DSI initialization commands from a iMX8MP to a ST7701S Panel Driver on a ER-TFT040-2 LCD Panel.  After attaching to the bridge, I am attempting to send the initialization commands, but get the error "mipi_dsi: wait payload tx done time out" on every single one of the commands. This is also causing the board to not boot as the Kernel panics with the error "Kernel panic - not syncing: Asynchronous SError Interrupt.I have included my ST7701S panel driver and kernel log as apart of this, any solutions or help would be greatly appreciated!

0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
2,426件の閲覧回数
liamsul42
Contributor II

Thank you for the feedback, however, this was not the issue.

I ended up finding what the issue was and in the ST7701 driver the initialization function was being called by the prepare function which was happening prior to the clock starting. Hence, the error because none of the tx bits were being removed from queue with the clock not active. Moving the initialization function to happen before the enable and after the clock was activated fixed it.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
7 返答(返信)
2,376件の閲覧回数
liqing1
Contributor I

hello liamsul42,I have the same situation, I tried several methods and it didn't work. could you tell me exactly how to move, thank you very much!

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,263件の閲覧回数
liamsul42
Contributor II

I was only getting this error due to the clock not running and not being able to clock out any bits from the FIFO queue that was sending the MIPI DSI commands. I would recommend ensuring that your clock is running and able to send out the packets/payloads from the FIFO queue.

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,239件の閲覧回数
liqing1
Contributor I

Thanks for your advice.I can get LPDT data with a logic analyzer, so the timeout is not important for me, I commented this code.

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,441件の閲覧回数
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

such exceptions can be due to memory errors, one can run ddr test and

rebuild image.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340179 

Also please check that you did not copied some binaries from previous builds

or other kernel revisions. Recommended fully rebuild image with modified sources.

Regards

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,427件の閲覧回数
liamsul42
Contributor II

Thank you for the feedback, however, this was not the issue.

I ended up finding what the issue was and in the ST7701 driver the initialization function was being called by the prepare function which was happening prior to the clock starting. Hence, the error because none of the tx bits were being removed from queue with the clock not active. Moving the initialization function to happen before the enable and after the clock was activated fixed it.

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,239件の閲覧回数
H_Grobben
Contributor I

This did the trick for me, partially. Do get an image, but my vertical line count seems off, image is replicated 2.5 times vertically.

I also removed the IOVCC and VCC in the device tree..

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,042件の閲覧回数
Udhay_
Contributor III

@liamsul42 

Hi,

if i move st7701_init_sequence(st7701) this function to st7701_enable but it is streaming and not able to see the data

Can you please share the code to umoorthi@phoenix.tech

0 件の賞賛
返信