[iMX8MP] ISP supported features: 2DNR, 3DNR, Image Stabilizer, etc.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[iMX8MP] ISP supported features: 2DNR, 3DNR, Image Stabilizer, etc.

imsOPX
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have been working to port ov5640 to work with isp-imx for IMX8M Plus and as this part is mostly done and the sensor is up and running, I have started to play around with the ISP features. And there are 3 very desired features I want to use, but I'm confused - are 2DNR and 3DNR actually implemented?

The "i.MX 8M Plus Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 1, 06/2021" doesn't specify 2DNR and 3DNR as available. On the other hand "i.MX 8M Plus Camera and Display Guide, Rev. LF5.15.32_2.0.0, 30 June 2022" specifies IF_2DNR_***, IF_3DNR_*** macros definitions, so I guess they should be available?

But as I'm playing around with vvext tool there are notes for this filters implementation, but the code holders are left empty. So what is the truth here? Do I have the option to use this feature using the APIs if I write some code to control it or it is not functional?

Also the i.MX 8M Plus Reference Manual mentions "Image Stabilizer" as part of the graphical representation of the ISP. But the text below doesn't contains information about it. Anyway, there are some macros about "Auto Video Stabilization" in the Camera and Display Guide. Is it actually available and functional?

Are these features supported by some of the newer isp-imx version? I'm using isp-imx-4.2.2.15.0.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

imsOPX
Contributor III

@ztuck, well, I hope the same - someone from the NXP staff to help us. Anyway, meantime I tried different ways to enable some hidden "features" if available (?), but frankly - without internal information I guess it is causa perduta.

ztuck
Contributor II

imsOPX, i don't have suggestions for your questions . I just have the same question as yours as to Digital Video Stabilization support of imx8mp and yet to receive any response from Nxp

0 Kudos

imsOPX
Contributor III

If I understand correctly from the NXP BSP Yocto recipe - the VeriSilicon ISP used in IMX8M Plus is ISP8000NANO_V1802? Is this correct?

So the IMX8M Plus ISP actually doesn't support Noise Reduction 2D/3D and there is no Video Stabilization Support? Because the "i.MX 8M Plus Camera and Display Guide" definitely describes APIs to these features and that rises the question what features do we have in the ISP implemented.

Also the "i.MX 8M Plus Applications Processor Reference Manual" mentions Image Stabilizer, but there is no such thing, as it is part of ISP8000(L) versions of the ISP named Auto Video Stabilization (AVS) may be?

Someone from the NXP support to shed some light, please?