[iMX8MP][ENET_QOS] RGMII compliant v1.3 vs v2.0 ?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

[iMX8MP][ENET_QOS] RGMII compliant v1.3 vs v2.0 ?

跳至解决方案
3,662 次查看
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear NXP team,

We are struggling with the Gigabit Ethernet using Microchip KSZ9131RNX, especially with the silicon revision A1 while it was working well at 1Gbps with the silicon revision A0. We use ENET_QOS controller and we found certain issues related in the official errata :  https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX8MP_1P33A

Do you think that they are relevant ?

khang_letruong_0-1617708238388.png

By the way, I would like to know which is the RGMII compliant version of iMX8 M Plus Ethernet interfaces since I could not find this info the the Reference Manual?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Khang

0 项奖励
1 解答
3,638 次查看
peter_tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @khang_letruong,

From A0 to A1 silicon, there be no change on EQOS hardware. And Released BSP didn't add the workaround of these errata . Errata just as reminder to customer when they used EQOS.

I think we need to check if user's driver touch the mode mentioned by errata list.
Can you please share the schematic and ENET PHY driver to me through e-mail?

RGMII compliant v1.3 vs v2.0
Yes. i.MX8MPlus has no information of RGMII compliant version. But we can know RGMII compliant version is v2.0 from RGMII reversion description and datasheet timing.

Reduced Gigabit Media Independent Interface (RGMII)
4/1/2002
Version 2.0

Image 6.jpgImage 7.jpg

IMX8MPXEC Rev. F, 

Image 8.jpg

Best Regards,

Peter

在原帖中查看解决方案

5 回复数
3,627 次查看
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear @peter_tian ,

Thanks for your clarification and I also inboxed you as per your suggestion.

Best,
Khang

0 项奖励
3,611 次查看
peter_tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear @khang_letruong,

Thanks for your sharing of PHY drivers. I am checking the drivers.

- In rev. A0, the SoC can work with the Ethernet PHY at 1000Base by default, without any intervention.
In this test, is the hardware platform like this? A0 + i.MX8MP_EVK CM Board + iMX8MP_EVK Base Board

- In rev. A1, the SoC can only work with the Ethernet PHY at 1000Base after being "forced" by applying : `ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000`.
In this test, is the hardware platform like this? A1 + i.MX8MP_EVK CM Board/Customized CM + Customized Base Board

Can you please share the schematic of customized CM and Base Board through email?
My email: peter.tian@nxp.com

Best Regards,

Peter

0 项奖励
3,603 次查看
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi @peter_tian ,

Some small rectification in red :

In rev. A0, the SoC can work with the Ethernet PHY at 1000Base by default, without any intervention.
In this test, is the hardware platform like this? A0 + i.MX8MP_EVK CM Board + iMX8MP_EVK Base Board / Customized Base Board with KSZ9131 Ethernet PHY

- In rev. A1, the SoC can only work with the Ethernet PHY at 1000Base after being "forced" by applying : `ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000`.
In this test, is the hardware platform like this? A1 + i.MX8MP_EVK CM Board/Customized CM + Customized Base Board with KSZ9131 Ethernet PHY

--> I was mostly interested in the A0/A1 + our Customized Based Board using KSZ9131 Ethernet PHY. The EVK Base Board uses Realtek Ethernet PHY so it does not really make much sense to test the full EVK CM Board + EVK Base Board.

I also sent you the schematics of both Customized CM board and Customized Base Board via email.

Thanks in advance and regards,
Khang

0 项奖励
2,856 次查看
marcelziswiler
Senior Contributor I

Where there any conclusions on this?

0 项奖励
3,639 次查看
peter_tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @khang_letruong,

From A0 to A1 silicon, there be no change on EQOS hardware. And Released BSP didn't add the workaround of these errata . Errata just as reminder to customer when they used EQOS.

I think we need to check if user's driver touch the mode mentioned by errata list.
Can you please share the schematic and ENET PHY driver to me through e-mail?

RGMII compliant v1.3 vs v2.0
Yes. i.MX8MPlus has no information of RGMII compliant version. But we can know RGMII compliant version is v2.0 from RGMII reversion description and datasheet timing.

Reduced Gigabit Media Independent Interface (RGMII)
4/1/2002
Version 2.0

Image 6.jpgImage 7.jpg

IMX8MPXEC Rev. F, 

Image 8.jpg

Best Regards,

Peter