您的意思是: 
已解决

iMX8MP + DDR4 : Why or why not?

跳至解决方案
925 次查看
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear Experts,

While being stuck with the booting up from SD card of own custom board based on iMX8MP + DDR4, I would like to have your opinion about why there seems to be only iMX8MP + LPDDR4 from NXP partners and SOM makers? And for iMX8MP + DDR4 combination, there's only internal boards such as imx8mp-ddr4-evk or the iMX8M Plus AI Robot which are only for internal use?

Anyway, the DDR4 training and initialization are successfully passed on our custom board. But u-Boot SPL is stuck at loading the ATF/BL31 as this later could not be found (magic word is incorrect).

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Khang

0 项奖励
1 解答
799 次查看
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @khang_letruong,

Our another engineer is dealing it for you. Any question you can contact him freely.

Wish you have a nice day

Best Regards

Rita

在原帖中查看解决方案

5 回复数
892 次查看
Tperman_msi
Contributor I

Hi,

I am in the process of defining the architecture of a new PCB using the iMX8MP.

I have had the same observation as you regarding the lack of iMX8MP + DDR4 designs from NXP and SoM designers. I also note that there is less detail in the application notes regarding a DDR4 based design. For example, the routing recommendations in the Hardware Design Guide appear to cover LPDDR4 only. 

I also notice the following note in the HDG Table 3. "It is strongly suggested to use LPDDR4 if lower power consumption is required since DLL-off mode is not supported". This may help explain why there is a preference for LPDDR4. 

Did you manage to resolve the issues you have faced? 

Thanks,

Tom  

0 项奖励
888 次查看
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi @Tperman_msi ,

I am in the process of bringing up a custom iMX8MP + DDR4 based board, inspired from imx8mp-ddr4-evk. Currently we are receiving the help from NXP technical support but there's not been important progress in resolving the issue yet.

Regards,
K.

0 项奖励
835 次查看
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@khang_letruong How is the status in your side?

0 项奖励
818 次查看
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear @Rita_Wang ,

Unfortunately we are still being blocked due to ATF (BL31) not found. We are also being supported by NXP Technical Support but nothing special has been found yet.

Regards,
Khang

0 项奖励
800 次查看
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @khang_letruong,

Our another engineer is dealing it for you. Any question you can contact him freely.

Wish you have a nice day

Best Regards

Rita