cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8M Mini/Nano can support 3D Flash Memory Toggle DDR2.0

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello Team,

My customer would like to work with our imx8m mini with 3D Flash Memory Toggle DDR2.0 type of DDR.

Can you please advise if our iMX8M can support such a DDR and what is the procedure to generate the correct device tree?

Waiting for your kind feedback, Thanks a lot.

B.Regrads,

Shai

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

imx8mm doesn't support this type of flash

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Dear @joanxie,

Attached is the datasheet of the IMX8, on pages 60 -62 (4.9.4 Toggle mode AC Timing), there is a description regarding the timing and the Toggle DDR Flash.

" For DDR Toggle mode, Figure 21 shows the timing diagram of NAND_DQS/NAND_DATAxx read valid window. The typical value of tDQSQ is 1.4 ns (max) and 1.4 ns (max) for tQHS at 133 MB/s. GPMI will sample NAND_DATA[7:0] at both the rising and falling edge of a delayed NAND_DQS signal, which is provided by an internal DPLL. The delay value of this register can be controlled by the GPMI register GPMI_READ_DDR_DLL_CTRL.SLV_DLY_TARGET (see the GPMI chapter of the device reference manual. Generally, the typical delay value is equal to 0x7 which means a 1/4 clock cycle delay is expected. But if the board delay is big enough".

We understand from the datasheet that the Toggle Flash DDR should be connected instead of the EMMC pin, for example in IMX8 mini :

shai_b_0-1654154885630.png

Could you kindly advise back? a fast response will be highly appreciated. 

Many Thanks.

regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Dear @joanxie,

There is any feedback regards my question?

I am still waiting for your kind response, Many Thanks.

KR,

Shai

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you need to support ONFI DDR mode, right? I checked that imx8mm can support GPMI working in DDR mode, but current bsp doesn't support this yet, and the document and software are under review

0 Kudos