Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 with 2 lane edp display panel

Jump to solution
gsmgbl
Contributor IV

Hi there,

I have a 2 lane eDP display panel, which offers Lane0+/-, Lane1+/- and Aux_Ch+/-, there is limited information for this eDP interface and I noticed the iMX8 HDMI interface supports the lane 1, 2 and 4 configuration. But I am uncertain how to connects the data lane and clock signal, is there any information or reference I can follow? Please advise.

Thanks,

Gilbert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi gilbertmlliu

for eDP connection one can refer to below link:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/i-MX8-Display-Port-Interface/m-p/809824

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

7 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi gilbertmlliu

for eDP connection one can refer to below link:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/i-MX8-Display-Port-Interface/m-p/809824

Best regards
igor

gsmgbl
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your info!

Refer to the document, MX8M_eDP_APP_NOTE.pdf, I can simply follow it and use only the HDMI_TX_P_LN_3, HDMI_TX_N_LN_3, HDMI_TX_P_LN_2 and HDMI_TX_N_LN_2 due to my eDP display panel has two lanes only, right?

I would like to make sure I got this correctly, please kindly confirm.

Many thanks again!!

Gilbert

0 Kudos
Banderson
Contributor I

Hello Gilbert, 

Did this solution work?
I have tried to find the document "MX8M_eDP_APP_NOTE.pdf" you mentioned but could not, is it possible for you to provide me a link to it please? 

Thank you,
Ben 

0 Kudos
gsmgbl
Contributor IV

Hi Ben,

The document is called "i.MX8M eDP HW Design APP", sorry for missing the "i" at the beginning.
In addition, I have not implement this in my design yet, but this doc is from NXP and it should be legit.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can share this doc with you here because it stated "NXP CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY". So i recommended you to contact NXP to request this doc directly.

Regards,

Gilbert

gsmgbl
Contributor IV

Hey Ben,

You should follow the link in this thread under Igor's reply, you can locate the link and document there. It is still valid.

Regards,

Gilbert

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gilbert

yes your understanding is correct.

Best regards
igor

gsmgbl