cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8/7 as iMX6 drop-in replacement

Jump to solution
EinarMar
Contributor IV

Will the iMX8 be a drop-in replacement for iMX6 ? what about iMX7 ?

Will the iMX8 have USB3 ?

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Einar,

The i.MX7 is “smaller” than the i.MX6, as it is based on ARM Cortex-A7 cores (plus Cortex M4), versus the Cortex A9 cores of the i.MX6. It could be a replacement option if you are using an i.MX6 Solo Lite or Solo X, depending of your application requirements.

Regarding i.MX8, further information is not available yet or it is available just under NDA. We would recommend contacting your local Sales/Distributor for additional information.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hafeesmohammed
Contributor I

Posting here as there was a question raised 2years back and looks valid for me in the present scenario.

Which successor of iMX family is the drop-in replacement for iMX6?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

It makes no sense to wait so many years i.MX8. it will cost as much as an Intel Atom, and will not until like 2 year.

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Einar,

The i.MX7 is “smaller” than the i.MX6, as it is based on ARM Cortex-A7 cores (plus Cortex M4), versus the Cortex A9 cores of the i.MX6. It could be a replacement option if you are using an i.MX6 Solo Lite or Solo X, depending of your application requirements.

Regarding i.MX8, further information is not available yet or it is available just under NDA. We would recommend contacting your local Sales/Distributor for additional information.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
EinarMar
Contributor IV

Thanks Carlos

0 Kudos