cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX7ULPEVK micro SD card boot fail

kayiyeh
Contributor II

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to build a sd card that can boot my imx7ulpevk board. I followed the BSP porting guide to git the sources and build u-boot, kernel, rootfs,.. Then I followed the instruction to partition my micro SD card. Then I use dd to flash the car with corresponding images. However, it seems only u-boot is on then the kernel image can't be read and boot.

Attached please find the boot log and partition take I got from windows system (in the Linux, GPart give similar information).

Would you help me to figure what's wrong.

Regards, 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Look at section 4.3 (Preparing an SD/MMC card to boot) of "i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf"

of NXP Linux BSP documentation package.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

Also, customers can use the demo image "fsl-image-validation-imx-imx7ulpevk.sdcard"

as an example. 

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_MX7ULP1

It makes sense to check U-boot environment in Your case and compare it with

the demo.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

liuming50
Contributor I

Hi,

I could reproduce this issue with downstream IMX kernels from both dunfell/kirkstone LTS branches.

- linux-fslc-imx 5.15 of kirkstone

- linux-fslc-imx 5.4 of dunfell

none of them have a working macro-sdcard device in kernel, but in u-boot, it's seems good.

the upstream kernel linux-fslc 5.18 of kirkstone is also good, I can boot into micro sdcard rootfs.

4.14 kernel is also working fine by the way, but the downstream kernels 5.4 and 5.15 does not.

0 Kudos