iMX7D : SAIx_CLK_ROOT minimum frequency value for SAI (Serial Audio Interface )module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX7D : SAIx_CLK_ROOT minimum frequency value for SAI (Serial Audio Interface )module

Jump to solution
koichisakagami
Contributor II

Dear community,
We have been developing our product with iMX7D.

I am checking a Serial Audio Interface.
I hope to get a SAIx_CLK_ROOT minimum frequency value.

In the the Reference Manual IMX7DRM: Table 5-11. Clock Root Table,
it is described that the SAIx_CLK_ROOT MAX frequency value is 67.5 MHz.
But I could not find the  SAIx_CLK_ROOT MIN frequency value .

[Question]
        Could you tell me the SAIx_CLK_ROOT minimum frequency value ?

Best Regards,
       Koichi Sakagami

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kochi,

In Table 5-11. Clock Root Table you can see all the available clock sources for SAI. The input with lowest frequency is 24MHz (000 - OSC_24M).

Then in Figure 5-15. CCM Clock Tree Root Slices you can find that SAIx_CLK_ROOT has a pre-divider and post-divider.

pastedImage_1.png

Finally in chapter 5.2.8.10 Target Register (CCM_TARGET_ROOTn) you can se that pre divider is 3 bits and post divider is 6 bits. So you can divide the 24MHz signal by 8 and then by 64 which is 45kHz approximately.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kochi,

In Table 5-11. Clock Root Table you can see all the available clock sources for SAI. The input with lowest frequency is 24MHz (000 - OSC_24M).

Then in Figure 5-15. CCM Clock Tree Root Slices you can find that SAIx_CLK_ROOT has a pre-divider and post-divider.

pastedImage_1.png

Finally in chapter 5.2.8.10 Target Register (CCM_TARGET_ROOTn) you can se that pre divider is 3 bits and post divider is 6 bits. So you can divide the 24MHz signal by 8 and then by 64 which is 45kHz approximately.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos