iMX6ul evk board MPD (Music Player Daemon) + ncmpc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6ul evk board MPD (Music Player Daemon) + ncmpc

ATAineri
Contributor III

I can't cross-compile MPD because of very much dependencies, it really must be compiled on the device it will be using, but it is impossible to install it on the board because board has no needed packages too and package manager.

It will be very easy to install it like:

"apt-get install mpd ncmpc"

But there is no package manager in the yocto.

How can I install mpd + ncmpc on evaluation board easier? Even 3 days passed from I start to try to install it.

Maybe existing a way to install on evk board some user friendly distro like centos, fedora, arch, ubuntu, debian?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladislav

one can look on

How to install apt-get to the Yocto Project image - i.MXDev Blog 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATAineri
Contributor III

It worked! However, uname -a say that the image has type arm7l (armel) but all package is for arm7hf (armhf). I thought that imx6ul is arm7hf CPU. Maybe it was some mistakes while bitbake or distro initialization? All package I need existing only for arm7hhf and I don't know how to configure distro to install it.

apt-get install can't do it because of:

error package architecture armhf doesn't match system armel

If I switch repos for armel there is no package for this arch.

The image I built: core-image-base for imx6ulevk.

And I can't understand why is it armel but not armhf.

0 Kudos