Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6UL touchscreen calibration not working in Yocto Rocko X11 build

Jump to solution
Alankar
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been working on Rocko build from fsl-community-bsp, since last few days and able to complete the builds for our various devices which uses imx6UL and imx6Solo processors.

During testing these builds, I have encountered an issue with touch screen calibration for iMX6UL based build. So i have again tried the same build for imx6ulevk and tested on imx6UL EVK and encountered the same issue, below are the details

Machine: imx6ulevk

Image: core-image-x11

The issue I have observed on the device is, Xorg is unable to calibrate the touchscreen, I don’t know what has changed but it is unable to calibrate, below is the log

Using calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput

Invalid format 42060

unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen

INFO: width=480, height=272

random: nonblocking pool is initialized

ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied --output-type

Error: unable to apply or save configuration valuesUsing calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput

Size 1024x768 not found in available modes

Invalid format 42060

unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025056

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Calendar=!$contacts

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 2809

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut telephone=!$dates

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025050

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Start=!matchbox-remote -desktop

INFO: width=480, height=272

ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied --output-type

Error: unable to apply or save configuration values

Does anybody faced similar issue? 

Can somebody please help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alankar
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

As i said earlier, it has nothing to do with kernel version, as i have tried with 4.9.88 kernel also for imx6ulevk machine, and still seen the same issue.

I found the solution on this in one of reply from yocto community,

Actually, does not installing xf86-input-libinput helped, xinput-calibrator can not cope with that input backend

use following bbappend to achieve this

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex-demos.git/commit/?h=rocko-next&id=664a1926af81e49396bfe2681

18969ec2b8718cb

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alankar

from log: "unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen", seems there is no

signal from touch, one can try to debug touch driver checking i2c signals with oscilloscope.

Also one can try with linux from nxp repository:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/tree/?h=imx_4.9.88_2.0.0_ga

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Alankar
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

thanks for your reply...

Actually I am not using eGalax EETI Touch screen, it should use iMX6UL's internal touchscreen controller, i am using simple resistive touch screen. Basic touch screen is working, because when during first power up when X tries to calibrate the touch screen, it is able to detect every touch but when it tries to write to /etc/pointercal.xinput it says output type is not supported, and if i look at xinput_calibrator_once.sh in /usr/bin which is called at first power up the --output-type is defined as xinput which is correct. So as it is not able to save the calibration points the touch screen doesn't work in X or in any of QT apps we are building.

I believe this is nothing do to with kernel as i am using 4.1.35 which was in morty build and where this touch calibrate is working well. i just bumped the version of all apps/rootfs to rocko so as to get all latest application versions like QT-5.9.7 etc, so i think there is something changed in X build and which is broken.

Can you please check this and let me know if anything i can try...

Thanks

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alankar

I think kernel 4.1.35 may be issue as it is not among supported by nxp kernels, supported

are listed on i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
Alankar
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

As i said earlier, it has nothing to do with kernel version, as i have tried with 4.9.88 kernel also for imx6ulevk machine, and still seen the same issue.

I found the solution on this in one of reply from yocto community,

Actually, does not installing xf86-input-libinput helped, xinput-calibrator can not cope with that input backend

use following bbappend to achieve this

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex-demos.git/commit/?h=rocko-next&id=664a1926af81e49396bfe2681

18969ec2b8718cb

Thanks

0 Kudos