cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6UL 24 MHz crystal oscillator

fuse
Contributor II

Hello,

I've developed our custom board based on iMX6UL and I've a question about workaround suggest in Chip errata, ERR009455:

what happen if the pin XTAL IN is left floating (point 1) ) without connecting a 18pF load? Does the iMX6UL boot up correctly?

Reading the IMX6ULHDG document, it seems that a capacitor in the XTALIN pin is needed only for filtering.

Thanks in advance

Riccardo

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A 18pF capacitor on the XTALI pin is required for proper AC biasing of the i.MX6UL internal circuit and providing a stable 24MHz clock source for PLL. So, please exactly follow the ERR009455 workaround.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fuse
Contributor II

Hi Artur,

I agre that I should follow the ERR009455 workaround but, due to a mistake, I have the XTALIN pin left floating, with a Crystal clock oscillator (with partitor 1k series / 499 Ohm ground) into pin XTAL OUT.

The real question is: in this situation does the iMX6UL works properly?

From first tests we're able to connect with JTAG and also through USB device (HID iterface recognized by windows) but I don't know if there will be other problems (i.e. with DDR memory or something else).

Thanks in advance

Riccardo

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the i.MX6UL device has already started operating somehow, there should be no further problems.

Best Regards,

Artur

fuse
Contributor II

Thanks Arthur

Best Regards

Riccardo

0 Kudos