cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6Solo Flash Empty eMMC

zemanel1991
Contributor I

Hi.

I'll have my own board with an iMX6Solo and I need to know the possible ways to flash it (the board comes from production). I "want" a process to flash the boot loader without using an USB Pen or an SD card (as documented on most development boards).

How does the process works using the MFGTool and what version should I use?

Is there any other process?

eFuses are programmed during this process or after I have the boot loader running?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

zemanel1991
Contributor I

Hi.

I'm using JTAG (openocd + gdb/telnet) to load u-boot into RAM (similar to using USB and Serial Download mode). However, I'm having problems similar to those described in other threads. 
Have you got any example to do that? 

I've followed the post imx6, arm, and linux - tips and tricks: Inexpensive JTAG on the imx6 solo: U-Boot Launch and Debug, but I'm facing problems like:

> load_image u-boot.bin
JTAG-DP STICKY ERROR
MEM_AP_CSW 0x42800062, MEM_AP_TAR 0x0
Failed to write memory at 0x00000000

If I force an address, I can load the image but the board doesn't boot, and, automatically, it jumps to serial download mode...

Any suggestion?

Best regards

0 Kudos

zemanel1991
Contributor I
I see... But I really need to know how I can do it using JTAG.
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ze

uboot answer meant that uboot could be run with jtag.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

zemanel1991
Contributor I

Hi.

Thanks again.

I'm trying to program via U-boot as you suggested but when I run the command $ sudo dfu-util -D u-boot.imx -a boot (Transfer u-boot.imx that will be flashed into the eMMC:), I get:

dfu-util: Invalid DFU suffix signature
dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available

Any idea?

Best regards.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Make sure you have added DFU suppor to your board. Take a look at include/configs/warp7.h and board/warp7/warp7.c as reference on how to do that.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ze

for programming emmc recommended to use mfg tools (each kernel release has own version),

please check below link and folder /Document in package

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

================================================================
Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zemanel1991
Contributor I

Hi.

Thanks for the answer.

Can I do the same using JTAG? How this process is done? I'm thinking not including USB OTG.

0 Kudos