cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6SL Eval Kit and WiFi

jayakumar2
Contributor V

Hi,

The question I have is about wifi and bluetooth support in the i.MX6SoloLite Evaluation kit. Is there a particular wifi/bluetooth chipset that is recommended for use with 6sololite? I see that with the 6sololite evaluation kit, there is a SD connector so perhaps there is a specific SDIO wifi/bluetooth chip that is commonly used? I looked through the patch list and I saw:

patches/0019-ENGR00122691-1-Add-atheros-driver-ath6kl.patch

from L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.tar.gz

which seems to be a patch where FSL have added support for the Atheros AR6003 chip for both wifi and bluetooth. I went about looking for SDIO cards that use AR6003 and I found:

EmbeddedWorks > wlan > sdio > EW-WSDA-157GN

which shows the SparkLAN WSDA-157GN for about USD$45.

I found a couple of others such as:

Silex-SX-SDCAN - 802.11 a/b/g/n plus Bluetooth SDIO Radio Card

Card Access | Atheros AR6003 SDIO 802.11 b/g/n WLAN Development Card

I was curious if anyone else in the community is using these and if they've been successful in getting this chip to work for WiFi with the i.MX6SL evaluation kit.

I presume that for Bluetooth, I also need to find a way to connect the UART so that would need to be a custom board.

I welcome any advice or suggestions on this.

Thanks,

jaya

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
2 Replies

robby
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

jayakumar2
Contributor V

Hi Dongjun,

Thanks for your reply. It is helpful. I looked at that page and I see that the board is a silex SDIO card using AR6003 and then an additional adapter board with AR3002 has been added for bluetooth. This seems like a reasonable approach. I have a followup question which is whether their approach worked correctly with the software released for imx6sl-evk? I've downloaded L3.0.35/ltib and will probably purchase the silex sdio card to try it.

Thanks,

jaya

0 Kudos