iMX6SDL CCM_CBCMR GPU2D_CORE_SEL value 0b11

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6SDL CCM_CBCMR GPU2D_CORE_SEL value 0b11

MichaelV
Senior Contributor II

iMX6SDL CCM_CBCMR GPU2D_CORE_SEL value 0b11 is listed as "derive clock from Reserved PFD" but out of reset this is set.

Is this another error in the RM and should this be PLL2_PFD2 (396 MHz) (same as in the iMX6DQ), or is this option invalid and shouldn't be used for iMX6SDL?

Labels (2)
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michel

RM is correct, value 0b11 is "clock from Reserved PFD".

In software one needs to select correct value

for CCM_CBCMR GPU2D_CORE_SEL.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

MichaelV
Senior Contributor II

Chip,

Are you absolutely sure about this?

Even after the GPU driver loads on my iMX6SDL board GPU2D_CORE_SEL is still set to 0b11, and the GPU driver is working...It could be that the GPU driver is not setting up the GPU2D_CORE clock correctly (but things still work?), or the RM is wrong. Knowing what I know about the quality of the RM I lean towards the latter... :smileyplain:

Just want to make sure you are absolutely sure about the RM being correct... Please confirm (and if possible, share the source of information you based your answer on, if possible).

Thanks again!