cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6Q SABRE-SD eMMC Flashing

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on imx6Q sabre sd board. I am trying to develop a custom minimal bare metal RTOS. Till now, i was loading the binary with u-boot through sd card. But, ##My SD card slot got damaged. So, I would like to boot the images from eMMC with uboot. Can someone please share me the procedure (switch settings, flashing tools and procedure etc). How can i transfer data to the emmc. I have not Flashed before. Please Help.

Regards,

Ajmal

3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajmal

please refer to programming emmc with uboot (Warp7 board)

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=board/warp7/README;h=60339da543732829d4ac09f02178cb84dfa3b...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the sabre sd board. Should i make any changes in the procedure for the warp 7? and also what are the switch settings to be kept?

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Board manufacturers like BoundaryDevices, Toradex or Variscite also provide good information how to do this kind of stuff:

for example  Programming eMMC on i.MX6 - Boundary Devices 

But the link Igor provided above contains in principle all you need. It works perfectly fine.

I use a Linux PC for the imx_usb and dfu_util utilities and a second Windows PC for the terminal program.
Bootswitches for i.MX6 SABRESD board have to be set like shown in the attachment: USB OTG for the download/programming process, eMMC x-bit for the later booting from eMMC

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos