iMX6DL with AR8031 Ethernet phy - power pins and the Pins Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6DL with AR8031 Ethernet phy - power pins and the Pins Tool

iandennis
Contributor I

We are designing a custom iMX6 board targetting DL, D and Q parts.  We have based our design on the SDB EVM and we are using the AR8031 phy (is this still recommended?).  We have NVCC_ENET connected to 3V3 and NVCC_RMGII connected to 1V5 as regulated by the AR8031's VDDIO_REG on-board regulator, both as per the SDB schematic.  But using the Pins 3.0 software tool, if we check both the MDIO/MDC and RGMII pins within the ENET peripheral, and nominate the above voltages in the Power Groups tab, then 'Power group conflict' warnings are generated, apparently because the NVCC_ENET and NVCC_RMGII voltages are not the same. Am I misunderstanding the Pins tool, or are these power connections wrong?  Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

iandennis
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply Artur.  I guess I hoped I was doing something wrong, since the Pins tool is greatly devalued if it can't be trusted.  At least I was hoping I could find an explanation for the warnings.

All the best,

Ian

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The origin of these "Power group conflict" warnings is the fact that the Pins Tool software treats the whole ENET interface as the single power domain one, that is not always so (for example, in case of the AR8031 PHY). Most likely, this logical conflict will be fixed in the further software releases. For now, please just ignore these warnings.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For AR8031 connection, follow exactly the i.MX6 SABRE SD board schematic. Disregard any warining, if caused by this schematic.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos