cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6DL Windows 10 IOT SPL not finding U-Boot

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working in iMX6DL processor in Windows 10 IOT platform. Board has been working fine. But of late, it stopped booting. Voltage measurements are fine in the board. Current measurements seems to be slightly lower compared to earlier working condition measurements. Whenever board is powered on in SD boot, UBoot SPL boots and returns the following log. 

I have some doubts regarding this. 1) SPL and Uboot are built at same time in Linux Environment and flashed into SD with dd command as single image namely firmware_fit.merged. SPL is booting and hangs saying that MMC block read error. 

2) How does SPL present in SD is booting, but Uboot present in same SD is not getting read?

We didn't face this issue in other board. So, we are doubting that in the board's hardware something had gone wrong. Can some one explain how booting process of windows IOT image and what could be the reason for SPL booting and Uboot not booting?

U-Boot SPL 2018.09 (Sep 6 2021 - 22:59:39 +0530)
SEC0: RNG instantiated
CAAM not secure/trusted; OTPMK inaccessible
SPL: CyRes cdi failed
Trying to boot from MMC1
mmc_load_image_raw_sector: mmc block read error
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Syed

>2) How does SPL present in SD is booting, but Uboot present in same SD is not getting read?

image may be partially corrupted, for example due to sudden powering off board.

One can try to reprogram image.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

Muthulakshmi
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I'm facing a similar problem with my custom board. I tried to reprogram with new SD card itself. But the issue remains same. Could able to proceed to uboot. Please suggest

0 Kudos

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I also doubted the same. and flashed again. I repeated this steps around 4 5 times. Each time SPL boots with above log

0 Kudos

sowmiya_a
Contributor I

Hi Syed,

We are also facing the same issue in one of my boards. I have flashed the code multiple times into the SD card. Still, we are getting the below log. How did you rectify this issue and is it resolved?

-Boot SPL 2022.04 (Jul 30 2023 - 18:59:24 +0530)
Trying to boot from  MMC1
spl: calling mmc_init_device
mmc_load_image_raw_sector: mmc block read error
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

0 Kudos