iMX6 solo: LVDS pixel clock looked up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 solo: LVDS pixel clock looked up

beatgaehler
Contributor I

I'm working with i.MX6 solo processor and I conect a LVDS panal to the board. Sometimes the LVDS clock is not generated by the processor.

I change the clock base from the default setting MMDC_CH1 clock to the pll5 clock to set the needed clock frequency.

Is there a problem with the LVDS clock generator if I change the base clock?

Can somebody help me?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Beat

one can test LVDS clock with SDK and check if it is caused by

HW or SW reasons

i.MX 6Series Platform SDK : Bare-metal SDK for the i.MX 6 series

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

beatgaehler
Contributor I

Hello Igor

Thank you for the fast answer but I could not solve the problem.

I found the following description from Ranjani.Vaidyanathan freescale.com and fabio.estevam freescale.com:

[PATCH] ARM: imx6: Fix procedure to switch the parent of LDB_DI_CLK

I have a Windwos Embedded Compact 7 environment so I adapted the linux code to my boot code. But it's not working!

I also tried to change only the frequence of the MMDC_CH1_AXI_CLK_ROOT but without success.

Do you have contact to this person above to get more information about the behavior of the ldb_di_ipu_divider?

I can reboot the CPU between 10 to 300 times and then the ldb_di_ipu clock is not working!

Kind regards

Beat

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Beat

some of them working on meta-fsl-arm mailing list:

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos