iMX6 not boot after sometime

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 not boot after sometime

kluszon
Contributor II

I've got a device based on iMX6 with Yocto OS (Dunfell release with kernel: 5.4-2.1 and u-boot: imx_v2018.03_4.14.78). The system normally is starting boot from NAND and the eMMC memory is used for roofs. The problem I meet is that the device stops booting after some time after flash.

Symptoms:

• The system doesn't start
  • No output on tty debug
  • One quick blink on ethernet port

The only way to make the module alive is to boot it from an sd card and flash it again. I look on NAND partitions via file -sL it looks the same in working device:

root@DEVICE:~# file -sL /dev/mtdblock0
/dev/mtdblock0: ERROR: cannot read `/dev/mtdblock0' (Input/output error)
root@DEVICE:~# file -sL /dev/mtdblock1
/dev/mtdblock1: u-boot legacy uImage, U-Boot 2018.03-imx_v2018.03_4.14\270, Firmware/ARM, Firmware Image (Not compresF
root@DEVICE:~# file -sL /dev/mtdblock2
/dev/mtdblock2: Linux rev 1.0 ext2 filesystem data, UUID=6aab86d7-a607-4bee-92a0-9dc90e2f4372 (extents) (64bit) (larg)
root@DEVICE:~# file -sL /dev/mtdblock3
/dev/mtdblock3: ISO-8859 text, with very long lines, with no line terminators

but the device doesn't start booting. The eMMC partitions look fine and can be mounted after starting from the sd card. I tested different modules without success. Where can be a problem? Environment shock? How debug this situation? Is it NAND broken or sth other?

I attached the boot log and mtdinfo.

EDIT

We try to break the NAND partitions and the same effect happened when we erase mtd0 with SPL.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies