cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 multiple cameras with varying lane numbers

jaroslaw_glazow
Contributor I

Hello,

I have two sensors going to the MIPI-CSI via a mipi-switch (so only one sensor will be running at once). One of those sensors is a 2-lane and the other is a 1-lane sensor. From what I understand configuring the line number through the drivers ( that is:

mipi_csi2_set_lanes(mipi_csi2_info, X)‍

) for each sensors is not enough and configuration through the device tree ( that is:

&mipi_csi
{ 
    lanes = <X>; 
};‍‍‍‍‍

) must be modified appropriately for the specific driver in use, or in other words I just cant leave it at lanes=<2> if I want to run the 1-lane sensor, is that right?

In such case there is no workaround for the device-tree configuration in order to be able to switch the sensors without resetting the board (and reloading the .dtb with changed settings), or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Jarek

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jarek

>I just cant leave it at lanes=<2> if I want to run the 1-lane sensor, is that right?

right, in general one can develop custom application which will reprogram register

MIPI_CSI_N_LANES described in sect.40.6.2 Number of Active Data Lanes (MIPI_CSI_N_LANES)

i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------