cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Solo/DualLite processor schematic/PCB symbol

Jump to solution
cliverolston
Contributor III

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic/PCB symbol for the iMX6 Solo/DualLite processor?

1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clive,

I can't find how to save the library as *.llb, but I managed to save it in 16.2 format. I'm also attaching sch-27516 in 16.2 in case you want to extract something from there. About the pcb symbol, allegro doesn't seem to have the option to save it as an old version, but I saved it as *.brd instead of *.dra. If this doesn't work for you I'll try to find an alternative.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

46 Replies
peterhygren
Contributor III

Thanks for the symbol, however, I still don't have the footprint. Could someone please upload the layout in ALG-format, or if you already have the footprint in Altium format that's even better. Anyone?

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clive,

Please find them attached.

Best regards.

Jorge.

cliverolston
Contributor III

Hi Jorge, Thanks for the symbol files. Unfortunately I can't import them into Altium Designer. I'm trying to import the OrCAD symbol into Altium but am having problems. My Altium support guy reckons an OrCAD .llb file could work. Do you have 1 of these? The problem could be to do with your OrCAD files being too new! Altium will only accept OrCAD 16.2 files and older - something to do with a file format change when going to OrCAD 16.3. I'm also having problems importing the iMX6 SABRE board schematic SCH-27516.dsn because the files too new!. My Altium support eng reckons if this can be saved as an OrCAD 16.2 file then it should be possible to import it into Altium. Can you do this for me as our newest OrCAD is 16.2?

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clive,

I can't find how to save the library as *.llb, but I managed to save it in 16.2 format. I'm also attaching sch-27516 in 16.2 in case you want to extract something from there. About the pcb symbol, allegro doesn't seem to have the option to save it as an old version, but I saved it as *.brd instead of *.dra. If this doesn't work for you I'll try to find an alternative.

Best regards.

Jorge.

cliverolston
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

Another favour to ask. I've tried importing the MXDLS_Footprint.brd file into Altium but it doesn't work. The reason is because Allegro must be installed. The *.ALG format should work though. Could you save the Footprint file for me in *.ALG format?

Thanks,

Clive

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Cadence OrCad 16.3 may be used to get the .alg file. 

0 Kudos
cliverolston
Contributor III

Yuri, I don't have OrCAD 16.3. Jorge saved other files for me in 16.2 format (see my earlier email)

Cheers,

Clive

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As for the mentioned i.MX6_SABRE_SDP_DESIGNFILES, I can  send you LAY-27392_C.brd.alg file (as is). The ASCII *.alg file may be imported using the Import Wizard of the Altium Designer.

0 Kudos
bretthahnel
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

is it possible to get this file "LAY-27392_C.brd.alg" from the i.MX6_SABRE_SDP_DESIGNFILES.

I can't seem to find it.

Regards

Brett

0 Kudos
cliverolston
Contributor III

Is this file LAY-27392_C.brd.alg the whole board layout or just the iMX6 footprint file? Really I'd like the MXDLS_Footprint.alg file so that I can import it into Altium.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"LAY-27392_C.brd.alg"  is the whole board layout.

0 Kudos
johnramsay
Contributor I

Can you share the file LAY-27392_C.brd.alg with me also, I have revision B but need Revision C, I have the MCIMX6Q-SDB kit and have converted the Orcad files to Altium but need the layout files,

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use the enclosed.

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

YuriMuhin_ng and JorgeRama_rezRivero : do we have SABRE SDB schematic available in Altium format? Looks like only SABRE Lite posted here.

BR,

Vladan

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladan,

I don't have a way to migrate to Altium, sorry. We only use Orcad and Allegro for our designs.

YuriMuhin_ng: Do you have a way to migrate the files?

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
YuriMuhin_ng
Contributor I

Good day !

As for Do you have a way to migrate the files?

Sometimes I can issue some magic spells and get files, that satisfy customers,

But strictly speaking I do not understand fully if this is correct way.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I remember OrCad files of ver.16.2 may be imported by Altium.

Note, the board xxx-27392-xxx is SDB. 

Also

https://community.freescale.com/message/318118#318118

0 Kudos
johnramsay
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the file, works great,

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clive and Yuri,

Sorry about the delay, I've just got back from vacation. I've been trying to export the footprint to .alg, but can't find the command in allegro.

Yuri:

Seems like you have done this already with the layout, right? Could you please do it with the footprint too? I'm attaching it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I just converted the .dra symbol file to OrCad 16.2 version.

0 Kudos
cliverolston
Contributor III

Yuri (and Jorge) sorry to be a nuisance but I can't import the Orcad 16.2 .dra file into Altium. I can import Allegro .alg files. Can you save the BGA624 footprint file as a .alg file?

Thanks,

Clive

0 Kudos