iMX6 I2S master setup and Audio Codec as a Slave.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 I2S master setup and Audio Codec as a Slave.

Jump to solution
paul_lee
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to setup the IMX6 I2S master mode and Audio Codec as a Slave mode.

What are the changes required to setup to provide Clocking to my Audio chip?

I have seen the reference code but most of the audio codec operates in Master mode.

-Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Each of the AUDMUX ports has its own set of registers that allows you to configure the port as desired. Please understand that you will be using six ports for three external signals. If AUD3, AUD4 and AUD5 are being used as external interfaces, then AUD1, AUD2 and AUD6 will serve as the internal ports to connect these signals to the SSI blocks. You are free to map the internal ports to the external ports as you want.

Since all ports are independent, they can serve as inputs or output in any combination.

For the details, I think you can read the i.MX6 Reference manual Chapter 60 Synchronous Serial Interface (SSI). Then try to change the register setting in the source code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Each of the AUDMUX ports has its own set of registers that allows you to configure the port as desired. Please understand that you will be using six ports for three external signals. If AUD3, AUD4 and AUD5 are being used as external interfaces, then AUD1, AUD2 and AUD6 will serve as the internal ports to connect these signals to the SSI blocks. You are free to map the internal ports to the external ports as you want.

Since all ports are independent, they can serve as inputs or output in any combination.

For the details, I think you can read the i.MX6 Reference manual Chapter 60 Synchronous Serial Interface (SSI). Then try to change the register setting in the source code.

0 Kudos
paul_lee
Contributor II

Hi,

I have already gone through SSI code. Thanks for your suggestions.

I have already modified the source code, But still it has issue.

0 Kudos