cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Dual: Unused PCIe and SATA Power

Jump to solution
stephenbarton
Contributor II

See the table 2-21 in the "Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processors, Rev. 1"

Table 2-21. Recommended connections for unused analog interfaces

pastedImage_1.png

The "Recommendation if unused" column states to "Ground" the SATA and PCIE power pins.

However, Sheet 18 of the schematic Rev. C for the QWKS-SCMIMX6DQ Quick Start Board shows these pins to be not connected.

pastedImage_2.png

Can anyone describe the discrepancy, please?

For our design, which is the best way to go on these 5 pins?  For minimum excess power consumption.  If it makes a difference to the answer, we are designing with an SCM-i.MX6 Dual.

Regards,

Stephen

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen

recommended to follow User Guide guidelines as reference boards were designed

before processor and its documentation was fully validated and developed.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stephenbarton
Contributor II

HI, Igor,

Thanks for the response.

We will connect these 5 power pins to GND on our PCB

- Stephen

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen

recommended to follow User Guide guidelines as reference boards were designed

before processor and its documentation was fully validated and developed.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!