cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 3D HDMI PHY

jaiganesh
Contributor III

Hello there,

From the iMX6DQ reference manual, I can see iMX6 "HDMI 3D Tx PHY" supports 3D video formats. Has any one played a 3D video using iMX6 platform in HDMI?

Any information regarding playing 3D video formats in iMX6 is really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Jai Ganesh

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jai,

Yes, the I.MX6 HDMI PHY supports  3D video Formats we have a  Demo using a TV to show the potential of the HDMI. unfortunately I can´t share this demo. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jaiganesh
Contributor III

Hello Jamesbone,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please share me the following details:

1. What is the OS you have used for playing 3D videos - Linux, Android or some other OS?

2. What kind of player is used to play the 3D video - gstreamer, mx player for Andoird or some other custom player?

3. If the OS is either Linux or Android, does the BSP released by Freescale supports 3D video playing by default. Basically, if Linux is the OS in which you have played 3D videos, does the Freescale Linux BSP supports the 3D video playing or we need to change the HDMI driver to enable 3D support?

Thanks,

Jai Ganesh

0 Kudos