cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX537 issues

chiranjeevimata
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am using iMX537 in my target board and finding peculiar problem while programming. In my target board whenever i am trying to program, iMX537 doesnt responds to the JTAG connectivity.

On doubting the BGA soldering, i pressed the BGA it started responding. Then i tried to reduce my contact pressure on the chip still it works. Later i tried on other 2 target boards found the similar behavior. There after i concluded that its not soldering issues. Even a simple touch will make the iMX537 to respond. One observation that i did was when ever i turn on the power to the board initially target board consumes 250mA @ 8.4V. Later when i touch the iMX537 the current consumption changes to 300mA @ 8.4V , It starts responding to JTAG even though i am not touching.

Please suggest me solutions if someone has faced similar sort of issue in there design or is it any peculiar behavior of some iMX537 batch.

Regards,

Chiru

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually we never met similar issues before.

I only can suspect that there is something wrong with the power
scheme or with processor power-up seqence. So the processor
does not start when you turned the power on and when you touch
the processor this small electric discharge stars the system up.

As for sample bring-up checklist for the board please refer
chapter 7 of i.MX53 System Development User's Guide.
You can perform the tasks listed in the table 7-2
with and without finger. If you see some difference you
get an idea what exactly is going wrong.

0 Kudos

chiranjeevimata
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

We are using DA9053-3N for power sequencing. I checked the power up sequencing its meeting as per the Pageno112 of iMX53UG.pdf.

Also as mentioned in the earlier post, the only change that i found is that the board power consumption changes from 240mA to 270mA after touching.

I have one doubt, Initially the JTAG_MODE was pulled up to 3.3V, when it was not getting detected i changed the pull-up to pull-down then JTAG started detecting only when i touch the processor.

Please let me know will JTAG_MODE pin will cause any problem.

Regards,

Chiranjeevi M

0 Kudos