iMX53 - is It possible to run Meego 1.2 with Mobile or Tablet UX with iMX53 QSB or Sabre Platform ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX53 - is It possible to run Meego 1.2 with Mobile or Tablet UX with iMX53 QSB or Sabre Platform ?

DannyChin_ng
Contributor I

Hi ,

Working in a tablet/smartphone design project for asia market. Wondering if we can install Meego 1.2 and suitable for the Mobile or Tablet UX to run with iMX53QSB or iMX53 Sabre Platform ? From http://wiki.meego.com/ARM#Freescale  , it seem like ok to run Meego even on iMX51 platform.

I only got few iMX53QSB boards but not the iMX53 Sabre Platform. It will be good if I can download the Meego 1.2 Tablet UX and test out its function using Sabre Platform Tablet. Freescale is very cool indeed.

Anyone has tried Meego on iMX53  before ? Appreciate you can share it. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

DannyChin_ng
Contributor I

Hi William,

Thank you for your suggestion, I can try this also. The technical part is with the rootfs and its UX , I guess.

William Smith said:

You could try a Linaro kernel with the MeeGo rootfs.
0 Kudos

DannyChin_ng
Contributor I

Hi Daiane,

Need some time to try this out. Stay tune.

0 Kudos

frostybeard
Contributor I
You could try a Linaro kernel with the MeeGo rootfs.
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So probabily you will be able to use the same FSL kernel version to load the Meego rootfs.

Did you try it already? When you have some update, please share!

0 Kudos

DannyChin_ng
Contributor I
Yes, it is belong to Linux Foundation and it even using lot of upstream Linux code.

Daiane Angolini said:
If it can be run on iMX51 I don´t see why it will not be runnable on iMX53. Do you know if Meego uses Linux kernel?
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
If it can be run on iMX51 I don´t see why it will not be runnable on iMX53. Do you know if Meego uses Linux kernel?
0 Kudos