Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX285 lifetime estimation

Jump to solution
davidrabe
Contributor I

Hi.

Is any liftetime estimation for the iMX285 available, as AN4725 for iMX6?

Thanks,

David Rabe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no lifetime document available for the i.MX28 , however the same lifetime estimate should apply on i.MX28 as long as the junction temperature is not over the limit.

Have a great day,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no lifetime document available for the i.MX28 , however the same lifetime estimate should apply on i.MX28 as long as the junction temperature is not over the limit.

Have a great day,
Sergio

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
darron
Contributor I

In that document, the automotive variant for exactly the same specs (792MHz 1.15V core) is 65,000 @ 105 degC, and the industrial variant is 112,000 @ 105 degC. I find it counterintuitive that the automotive part, which is rated for a much higher junction temperature of 125 (vs. the industrial part's 105) would have a much shorter expected lifetime.

Is this correct, and can we assume the iMX283C is going to live significantly longer at temperature than the iMX285A?

Are the industrial parts considered "hardier" than the automotive parts?

We'd like to switch to the automotive variant for lifecycle reasons (it's guaranteed to be available for 5 more years than the industrial), but this has got us a little worried.

0 Kudos