Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX28: GPIO2_14 and GPIO2_24

Jump to solution
gonfer
Contributor V

Hi all,

I'm copying some parts of the iMX28evk into my custom design based on a iMX283 and have some doubts about these 2 signals:

- GPIO2_14: is the HEADPHONE_DETECT signal

- GPIO2_24: is the WALL_5V_IN detection signal

After greping the source code (PINID_SSP1_DATA0 & PINID_SSP3_SCK) I haven't been able to find any palce where they are used.

I'm specially concerned with the use of GPIO2_24, since it could be involved in the reliable operation on a 5V source only. I've also tried to find this signal in imx-bootlets but upto now, with no success.

Does anyboby know where are these signals used?

Thanks,

Gonzalo.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gonzalo,

If you don't want the HEADPHONE functionality, you don't need to use GPIO2_14. Probably is not used in the Linux BSP. And regarding GPIO2_24, that GPIO is not needed for 5V operation. Check AN4199 for PMIC 5V operation and the i.MX28 reference schematics, where GPIO2_24 is not used.

1. i.MX28 Reference Schematics   : Sample schematics for i.MX28 hardware designs
    Size (K): 822 Format: zip Rev #: 1 Modified: 9/23/2010

Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ganzalo, if your question had been answered, please click Correct Answer/Helpful Answer.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gonzalo,

If you don't want the HEADPHONE functionality, you don't need to use GPIO2_14. Probably is not used in the Linux BSP. And regarding GPIO2_24, that GPIO is not needed for 5V operation. Check AN4199 for PMIC 5V operation and the i.MX28 reference schematics, where GPIO2_24 is not used.

1. i.MX28 Reference Schematics   : Sample schematics for i.MX28 hardware designs
    Size (K): 822 Format: zip Rev #: 1 Modified: 9/23/2010

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
gonfer
Contributor V

Luis, thanks !!!

Gonzalo.

0 Kudos