次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

iMX28 EVK Board Bringup

2,145件の閲覧回数
santhoshkarthik
Contributor III

Hi,

I used L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130_source.tar.gz source code and I followed as per "ltib_for_i.mx28__a_step-by-step_guide.pdf" for compiling and flashing. For Flashing I downloaded "L2.6.31_10.08.01_SDK_scripts.tar.gz" script from freescale website. and I flashed. I changed DIP switch as per above Doc, BM3-1,BM2-0,BM1-0,BM0-1(1001). but board is not come up, it just showing 0x80502008, 0x8020a01d these two hex number, 

Can you please suggest to resolve this issue. Do we need add any patches like, "Patch for the SDK 2010.12 to fix the incorrect polarity when boot mode is set as boot from SD/eMMC o..."

PLease help me to resolve this issue, Please find logs in the attachment

Original Attachment has been moved to: Sdcard-flashing-Logs.txt.zip

ラベル(2)
8 返答(返信)

1,438件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

An update to my status just to close the loop:

Following the MX28_EVK_Linux_User_Guide.pdf I'm able to build a uImage and rootfs that are bootable in the sense the kernel has started running.

My initial problem was purely caused by u-boot or linux-boot that for whatever reason (I will figure out later) what was built from the same package L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130_source.tar did not work. I built a bootlet from the original CD coming with the EVK board. After some adjustment to the loadaddress, now my board is runing.

However I still have a problem that the Busybox has not started. I do not see "init started: BusyBox" from the console (which I believe a good start should have because I've selected BusyBox). I have tried all kinds of command line arguments but have no success yet. I would appreciate if anybody can shed some light to it.

0 件の賞賛

1,438件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

Dear Karthikeyan,

Regarding your question about creating SD card, after many searches I find the easiest way is to use cfimager.exe to create SD card from Windows. cfimager.exe is in the latest IMX_MFG_TOOL that you can download from https://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-appl.... The user guide has clear steps to use this cfimager.exe.

Jill

0 件の賞賛

1,438件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jill

just for test one can try images from obds:

Lab and Test Software (1)
On-Board Diagnostic Suit for the i.MX28
https://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-appl...

Best regards
igor

0 件の賞賛

1,438件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

Hello Igor,

thank you for the information. Yes I've downloaded the diagnostic suit, and I can build and run it. But that does not help me. I'm using NXP imx28evk board. The board itself is working.

The issues I have is how to rebuild the BSP on my system so that I can do customization. I have 2 versions of BSP:

One is downloaded from the link you attached, of Linux_2.6.35. I followed all steps and every step seams working, but at the end when imx28_linux.sb and rootfs.ext2 are written to a SD, I only see error codes 0x8050100f from the debug UART - no booting, no kernel

Another one comes from the virtual machine on the CD coming with the imx28evk board. For this I have better luck that the imx28_linux.sb and imx28_uboot.sb both work to certain degree. They both boot, but at the end of the booting, both end at "crc error, -system halt". Why?

pastedImage_1.png

thank you,

Jill

0 件の賞賛

1,438件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthikeyan

I think for i.MX28 EVK patch is not needed. Please try to flash image

using sect.5.1.3 Writing the Boot Stream and rootfs to a Boot Medium

attached Linux Guide and Demo Images :

Board Support Packages (4)
i.MX28 Linux Binary Demo Files
http://www.nxp.com/products/developer-resources/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1,438件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

Dear igor,

I've downloaded the demo image from the link you provided. I've used the images in SD card, as well as boot from USB. All come to the same conclusion: the boot stream, either Linux boot or u-boot, shows only error codes on the debug console (nothing else). As a proof to that my procedure works, I used an old boot image from the CD coming with my EVK board. The old boot image lets me boot, but it is not able to start the Linux kernel (as seen in the screenshot of above).

What can be the reason? Have you directly used the demo images on a EVK board? A label on my board shows "SCH-26241 REV D". A label above says "700-26241 REV A".

0 件の賞賛

1,438件の閲覧回数
santhoshkarthik
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thanks for your suggestion, Your comments made me move to next step. 

I followed in the Doc, Sec 5.1.3

Build sdimage in host Linux computer. sdimage.c is in the “uuc” package in LTIB. Use below steps to build sdimage in Linux:
./ltib -p uuc.spec -m prep
cd rpm/BUILD/uuc-2.6.35.3-1.1.0
gcc sdimage.c -o sdimage
(Any C compiler can be used in the Linux)

and it generated sdimage.out file.

I could do till above. While I am running below command it gives "bash: sdimage: command not found..." error.

sdimage –f imx28_linux.sb –d /dev/sdd (sdd in my case)

and SInce i have not installed in /usr/bin, I did following commands 

sudo ./sdimage -f imx28_linux.sb -d /dev/sdd  it shows following error,

can't open file imx28_linux.sb

then i copied imx28_linux.sb  from /rootfs/boot and save it in /rpm/BUILD/uuc-2.6.35.3-1.1.0

and i had run the command, and it was showing following error,

Can't found boot stream partition

and also please let me know how to create SDcard with following three parttion using commands in the terminal

Device Boot Start    End    Blocks    Id          System
/dev/sdb1       *                   1          974       1840896    b          W95 FAT32
/dev/sdb2                         974         977       5339+       53          OnTrack DM6 Aux3
/dev/sdb3                         977       1016       74572         83       Linux

Kindly help me to resolve the above error as soon as possible

Thanks,

Karthik

0 件の賞賛

1,438件の閲覧回数
jlu
Contributor II

Dear Karthikeyan,

Have you solved your problem yet? I have the same problem. I tried 2 different version of bsp (2.6.31 and 2.6.35)  but none of them work on the board I bought. Even the VM from the original CD does not work.

I'm testing on imx28evk with all out of factory default setting. This means boot from SD card. I use imx28_boot.sb and rootfs directly from the included CD. I get this error message:

pastedImage_2.png

I saw this version number on my imx28evk board: 700-26241 REV A, SCH-26241 REV D.

Anybody can help out?

0 件の賞賛