cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX-RT1180 vs. iMX-RT1170

Jump to solution
PeteHawkins
Contributor II

Documentation is not available to customers yet for the iMX-RT1180, but it looks like a perfect fit for my applications.  I currently have an iMX-RT1170 eval board to start development with.  Are the built-in peripherals in the RT1180 going to be register compatible with those in the RT1170?

Thank you,

Pete

0 Kudos
1 Solution
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

As seen throughout the i.MX RT series, many of their peripherals are compatible and migration between them is not very difficult. If the RT1170 is a perfect fit for your applications, the RT1180 probably does too.

However, as it is an MCU in Preproduction, we cannot comment beyond the documentation that is available.

I thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PeteHawkins
Contributor II

Thank you 

0 Kudos
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

As seen throughout the i.MX RT series, many of their peripherals are compatible and migration between them is not very difficult. If the RT1170 is a perfect fit for your applications, the RT1180 probably does too.

However, as it is an MCU in Preproduction, we cannot comment beyond the documentation that is available.

I thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day!