cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx8mq enet on M4 port

mail2
Contributor I

Hello,

As I mentioned before #492353, I need handle enet from M4. I've already done a project in MCU expresso. I did manage to run it. with a port of fsl_phy and fsl_enet drivers. It run. I test it with board stopped in UBOOT ( later I'll remove enet from linux device tree, but now I just need to make it run). It initialise PHY and I have a successfull link up with full duplex and gigabit. But here starts my problems, When I write frame into the buffer, it remains there. I suppose that emac does not run, or it DMA or something, cause my frame don't go forward, it just remains in the memory buffer.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? What I forgot to do?

Thx in advance

Ladisalv.

P.S: There is all project from MCU Expresso in zip

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ladislav

one can try to compare enet registers dumping them in working uboot case and

MCU Expresso. Also may be useful to check enet example for MCUXpresso SDK for

i.MX 8QuadXPlus available on:

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mail2
Contributor I

Hello Igor.

We did it. We actually start from sdk imx8qx. I did also dump of registers, and there we found actually that on imx8mq it went in bus error when uDma try to work. We found that problem was in RAM mapping of buffers. Now I have a configuration where it run. We are looking now for exact configuration. It work in Uboot run, but without uboot it crash. It seems I need startup all DDR part, casue M4 alone cant use them alone.

regards ladislav

0 Kudos