cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx8mp i2c clock speed

ryanlush
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am using a Toradex i.mx8m plus with a boot2qt image created with Yocto. I'm really not sure who "owns" the BSP I'm using but I suspect it mostly belongs to NXP. I went to Qt for support but they aren't much help with this particular Toradex CoM.

I know that I can change the i2c baud rate in the device tree but that is still over my head. I'm not even sure what files I'm looking for to rebuild the device tree. I don't think I have the kernel source and I don't know where to find it due to my confusion on who owns the BSP. I've gone through several generic solutions but they never seem to apply to my file system.

Is there a way to change the baud rate for testing purposes with sysfs? I found multiple examples of echoing a speed to a device node but I can't find any of those device nodes. Is there a simple way to change the baud rate from a shell? Is there an IOCTL I can use change the i2c baud rate in my C++ program? I found one for the slave address, I don't know why I can't find one for the baud.

0 Kudos
0 Replies